Is your dog looking for a new job? Kat Albrecht-Thiessen is now offering 2-day (in person) “Train Your Dog to Find Lost Pets” seminars in cities across North America. Come learn about the fascinating field of training dogs to find lost pets from the industry’s top expert! This seminar will demonstrate the step-by-step process of training dogs to detect the scent of cats and to trail (track) the scent of lost dogs and other species. Topics covered include:
- How to evaluate a dog for MAR (missing animal response) work
- How to step-by-step train a MAR Cat Detection Dog
- How to step-by-step train a MAR Trailing Dog
- How to obtain animal decomposition and train your dog to “push” on decomp
- How to evaluate and train a “Target Cat”
- How to utilize a “Magnet Dog”
- How long does scent survive?
- Ethics and MAR K9 certification
- How to become involved in lost pet recovery work
Day one will be lecture and demonstrations by trainer Kat Albrecht-Thiessen. Day two will include a 30-minute one-on-one evaluation/consultation with MAR K9 trainer Kat Albrecht-Thiessen and your dog. Seminar participants who do NOT sign up to have a dog evaluated can still attend to observe the second-day evaluations (at no additional cost).
SEMINAR DATES / LOCATIONS
Saturday & Sunday, November 9th & 10th, 2019
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Location: In Harmony With Dogs (www.inharmonywithdogs.com)
1 Fanatical Place
San Antonio, TX 78218
Cost: Working Dog Spot $225.00
Observer Only $175.00
Discounts (only one may be applied)
$25 Discount for Shelter Employees / Volunteers
$15 Discount for Registration Before October 1, 2019
(Working Dog Spots space is limited to just 15 dogs! Spots awarded on first-come basis)
Register: Go to In Harmony With Dogs and fill out the registration page.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Are you interested in hosting a “Train Your Dog to Find Lost Pets” seminar in YOUR community?
Fill out the form on our CONTACT page and let us know!
Don’t forget to pick up Kat’s Book!!
Dog Detectives: Train Your Dog to Find Lost Pets